Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yuletide A Cappella Cheer

It's poised to be a very merry a cappella Christmas, what with Straight No Chaser selling a boatload (or a small rowboat, anyway) of their major label debut, Holiday Spirits. (To read more about SNC, check out this just-posted story from the Chicago Sun-Times.)

To which I ask: Where is the big a cappella Hannukah album!

No, I don't ask that. Because there is none! What would be on it? Me singing "Dreidel" maybe.

Anyway, if you're in the market for Christmas music (without instruments) this season, I'd like to point you to the UVA Hullabahoos disc, "Better Than Coal." The track list is here.

For a preview, check out the Hullabahoos singing "All I Want For Christmas Is You" here. Listen to that applause. Deafening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had that Hullabahoos CD playing while I put my Christmas tree up on Sunday. Wonderful!